Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our little Ariel

Okay so Tatum is really into princesses right now and lately has been telling everyone her name is Ariel. At labor day she told one of my cousins little girls, who by the way thought it was the coolest thing that someones name was Ariel, and everyone else along the way. She of course makes friends where ever she goes and every once in a while I would hear someone calling out Ariel. Well the latest on this is on Friday we went with my dad, my brother's family and my sister to the MHS homecoming game. And I made her put pants and shoes on (which she never wears because dresses make her pretty like a princess) and she threw a fit. So in the rush to try and calm her down I told her that if she puts her shoes on I will tell anyone that asks that her name is Ariel and I wont even tell them that her real name is Tatum. That was obviously enough because she put her shoes right one and we were off. Well we get to the game and my sister-in-law sees one of the girls in her young women's who is a cheerleader, so she comes over to say hi to the girls and what was the first thing she asks Tatum. That's right Whats your name? Tatum instantly looks at me and points to me like well mom what are you going to tell her? I was trying so hard not to laugh when I told the girl Tatum's name was Ariel. You should have seen the look on Tatum's face she got the biggest grin on her face and strutted off. We were all dying laughing as we walked away. She cracks me up.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but it has to be said.
I'm not sure if you had Fat Old Sun on your playlist before or after us, but nice choice regardless. I know that Court and I are both in agreeance that we want this song out our combined funeral....yes...one of us will have to rot above ground until the other one dies.

Schmidt Family said...

You got called to Primary??? Do you like it? You will be awesome with the kids. They love you. I know it!